Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Coconut Frappuccino


This is a delicious summer drink. I know we're not quite there yet, but a sunny day in spring is good enough for me right now :-)

Coconut Frappuccino (2 servings)

1 double espresso (or 1 cup very strong coffee)
Whatever sweetener you prever: the equivalent of 3 tsp sugar (or to taste of course, I like mine quite sweet)
1 cup (200 ml) unsweetened coconut milk

Handfull of ice cubes

Put all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker, with a couple of ice cubes and shake for half a minute. Pour over (crushed) ice in a glass and enjoy. The ice in the shaker instantly chills the drink (so you don't have to wait until your coffee has cooled down).

If you don't own a cocktail shaker, you can put the ingredients in a blender, but make sure that your blender is capable of crushing ice cubes. If it isn't, you have to chill the espresso or coffee before you mix it.

3 comments:

  1. hello when you say one cup of very strong coffee..do you mean just the coffee powder..or an actual cup of coffee with water?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean an actual cup of coffee. Espresso has a strong flavor, so if you use a regular brew, I would make a cup of double strength coffee.

    Thanks for visiting my site, and I hope my answer was of help to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks good. I may try this sometime. My husband would prob. like it. I posted my fav. mocha recipe here. Soooo yummy! http://www.yummyvegetariandelights.com/2010/07/best-iced-mocha-ever-recipe-vegan.html

    BTW, I found you on foodie blog roll and friended you. God bless. :)

    ReplyDelete